Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crank


The trailers for this flick were pretty weak. It was just a bunch of random shots strung together in rapid fire succession with a voice over by the coolest mofo alive... Jason Statham. I like Statham as an actor. He's never really disappointed me with his movies, either as a leading man or a supporting player, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and check it out. I'm sure glad I did!!!! This flick is fucking awesome! It's fast, funny and ridiculously directed like a living comic book. Statham plays a hitman named Chev Chelios who has been injected with a drug that will kill him if his adrenaline drops below a certain level, so he has to keep doing crazy things to keep his heart rate up and stay alive long enough so he can find his killer and dish out some payback. There is some truly riotous shite in this movie, namely the public sex scene and the part in the hospital (just the thought of Statham running out of that elevator like the Flash while screaming like a crazed coyote makes me giggle). It's a movie experience that I don't think will be topped by any other flick this year in terms of creativity and entertainment value. Check it out!!!

4.5 out of 5


*written 9/7/06

No comments:

Post a Comment