Friday, September 28, 2012

Jackass Number Two

While I wasn't really interested in this stuff when it first aired on MTV I ended up DLing a couple of the episodes after hearing how side-splittingly funny they were. And they WERE! So the movie was a no-brainer for me, and I loved every sick minute of it. This sequel ups the ante on the crazy stuff this troupe of nutjobs are willing to do to get a laugh, and while some of them aren't very funny most of them hit the mark. My fave stunts were the Firehose Rodeo, the Four-Way See-Saw, Blinfdolded Johnny vs. the Bull, the Butt Beer Bong and the final Terrorist Taxi prank. The guys seem, when not doing something totally stupid, to be a cool bunch that you'd really enjoy hanging out with at a bar. They managed to get a few celebs to participate too like Luke Wilson, Jay Chandrasekhar, Tony Hawk, John Waters and Willie Garson. One thing I will admit is that I didn't need to see Chris Pontius drink horse semen. Although his follow-up line of "I feel so ashamed" was hysterical, there's just some things you can't unsee.

4 out of 5


*written 10/4/06

No comments:

Post a Comment