Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift


We all saw those crappy ass trailers for this disaster waiting to happen over the summer of '06. It looked so bad that there was no way that I'd see it. So I thought. Boredom will make you do crazy things, and in the end this wasn't too shabby. It's better then the second film in the series, but still it has that cheese factor that I've come to expect. The storyline isn't original, but it's told in an entertaining way with plenty of creative cinematography and awe inspiring action/chase scenes paired up with catchy music. While hearing Lucas Black's ridiculously prominent Texan drawl amidst all the Japanese characters made me chuckle a few times, he's not a bad actor and neither are his co-stars. I like it a lot, but I've seen a lot better films lately. Still, it's worth the rent.

2.5 out of 5


*written 12/9/06

No comments:

Post a Comment