Friday, September 28, 2012

Nacho Libre


Being a fan of director Jared Hess' last comedy, Napoleon Dynamite, I was really excited to see his follow up. Especially due to the fact that he was able to net one of the biggest stars of comedy as his leading man, Jack Black. The end result was a smashing success. While it's not consistently funny it's entire running time, when it's funny it's pretty goddamn funny. We're talking side splittingly funny. The wrestling match with the demonic midgets was worth the ticket price alone! There's ton of quotable lines ("He is a douche!") and it's pure harmless fun with heart. If only the comedy was spread out more it would have been perfect. And even though I'm not a big Jack Black fan (but I loves me some Tenacious D) I gotta say that he was on the money this time (that accent of his was hysterical)!

4 out of 5


*written 7/4/06

No comments:

Post a Comment